Eastlake Lacrosse Association
Return to Play 2020/2021
The priority for Eastlake Lacrosse is the health and safety of our players, staff member and volunteers. This return to play guidance was developed in accordance with US Lacrosse and federal, state, and local guidelines.
Personal accountability is key in the identification of symptoms and contact tracing and we ask that everyone do their part in working though this difficult time. Please notify email@example.com if you are aware of anyone who attended an Eastlake Lacrosse event and has tested positive for COVID-19.
General exposure can produce symptoms 2-14 days from day of incident. Inclusive to this is cough, shortness of breath, muscle pain, chills, sore throat, loss of taste and smell. Contrary to popular belief fever is not necessary to be a carrier or have contracted illness. Many other symptoms are also present depending on age. Details can be found on the Symptoms of Coronavirus page of the CDC website.
If you are symptomatic or think you have been exposed directly, do not come to practice, games or other events and inform Eastlake Lacrosse as soon as possible. Athletes, staff members, or volunteers may return when they are 72 hours symptom free and have a negative COVID-19 antigen test. Additionally, clearance from a medical professional is required.
Prior to Games, Practices and Events
- All events must be administered on eastlakelacrosse.org so that the appropriate waivers can be collected. No ad-hoc events.
- Up to date contact information must be made available to Eastlake Lacrosse to assist in contact tracing.
- All gear must be disinfected, and athletes must be dressed prior to arrival.
- No eating on the field.
- Athletes, staff members, and volunteers may not enter the playfield until the start of the reservation and no equipment can be brought to the field until the start of the reservation. Waiting on the sidelines prior to the start of the reservation is not allowed.
- Each athlete, staff member, and volunteer may not enter the field until they have completed the TeamScreen screening. The screening questions can be found on the Eastlake Lacrosse website.
- Carpooling is discouraged, but if necessary, carpool with as few people as possible and carpool with the same people each time.
During Games, Practices and Events
- Facemasks must be worn by athletes, staff members, and volunteers at all times.
- Six feet of distance must be maintained among athletes when not engaged in sporting activities, huddles and team meetings must be physically distanced. Athletes must avoid body to body contact for high 5s, body bumping, and other celebratory actions.
- Physical distance of 6 feet must be maintained between staff, volunteers, and any spectators at all times with exceptions for training and medical personnel and volunteers performing their medical duties.
- No spectators allowed except for one parent/guardian/caregiver for each minor-aged participant allowed. Spectators must always maintain physical distance of at least 6 feet between each person and wear facial coverings. No spectators allowed for participants 18 and older.
- Athletes should not share water bottles, uniforms, towels, or snacks and should not spit.
- The level of player interaction will be determined by the current Washington State Sporting Activity Guidance.
After Games, Practices and Events
- Athletes, staff members, and volunteers must vacate the field within 15 minutes of the end of the reservation. All equipment and garbage must be removed from the field within 15 minutes of the end of the reservation.
- Attendance records will be kept for 28 days from the date of the event to assist with contact tracing.
In Case of Positive COVID-19 Test
If an athlete, staff member, or volunteer reports a positive COVID-19 test, the following steps will be taken:
- Within 24 hours of notification an email will be send to all participants of the event notifying them of potential exposure and referencing the COVIDexposed.pdf (wa.gov) guidance.
- All staff members present at the event will be tested for COVID-19 and produce a negative result before returning to in person events.
- Participants of the event may not attend in new in person events for 14 days from the day of the initial event.
Eastlake Lacrosse thanks everyone for their support and we are available to answer questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.